An ongoing journal of the re training of my young OTTB Moose and the daily adventures in my life with my horses!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dressage Test and pictures!

 So I took a "for fun" very beginner, as low as you can get, dressage test on Sunday. It was on the Jubil, the steady eddy horse I lesson on every other week. It was a lot of fun even though I wasn't very good. By the third time I did pretty well but also jubil had figured out the drill and so that helped. She is a lot more experienced at it than I am lol Me and Moose MIGHT have our first show in April. I am not sure about all the details yet. I'll have to talk to the lady who has been training us. I'm both nervous and excited. I know we will be jumping but I think we might be doing beginner dressage too but I am not positive yet.
Moose is doing really well. He enjoyed almost a week off while I was getting everything back in order after the accident. I rode him on Tuesday and he was in a very good mood. Very fresh and forward but responsive. It was a good ride. He got a little heavy a few times out of excitement but it wasn't hard to soften him back up and rein him in.  We did mostly flat work and lots of transitions than I let him go over a few jumps which he absolutely loves. He is getting braver and picking his feet up and tucking better. I credit that to all the gymnastics we have been working on. I know also when we really start cantering over higher jumps that his knees will become more even and he will round up better. I'm hoping to be able to do a lesson on him on Monday since I missed this weeks.

Riley and May are doing great as well. I have been doing all sorts of different stuff with Riley to exercise him but keep him mentally in the game and from getting bored. I trot him out a lot on the trails which he enjoys and one day I jumped him for fun. Yesterday I just took him in the arena and let him run around and took a bunch of pics. I did the same with May. May is doing really well. The other day we had a little disagreement when she got too hyper and wasn't wanting to focus or listen at all. She was stuck on go so we did lots of circles and downward transitions until she calmed down and than I just walked her and got her moving off my leg good. We practiced barrels on Saturday night and she did really good. Each time feels like she is rating a little bit better so hopefully by the next race we will see a big improvement.










The pictures are of me and Moose jumping and just playing around and than there are some of the other two burning some steam in the arena. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment