An ongoing journal of the re training of my young OTTB Moose and the daily adventures in my life with my horses!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shot Day!

My three got their shots today so of course I couldn't ride. They just got their 5 way and West Nile. They aren't due for rabies or coggins until May which is good. I longed Moose on Tuesday because he had been sore from Sunday's ride. I rubbed him down with some liniment and Monday he seemed better. By Tuesday he was pretty much not sore anymore but I chose to just do some trotting on the longe to warm up his muscles but not overwork it. I hope to resume normal work tomorrow and do a little bit of jumping at the end. When I was longing him I had him trot over some ground poles and he did GREAT! I was very proud of him. I'm also looking into getting him a cooler for when he sweats hard on cool days. Part of the reason I think he got sore was he cooled to fast and tensed his muscles. So if anyone knows of a good brans or type they reccomend let me know! I ordered some Sore No More(<--love this stuff!!) and Thrush Buster today so it should be here in a few days.
I plan on working all three of my ponies tomorrow, if the weather cooperates, wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment