An ongoing journal of the re training of my young OTTB Moose and the daily adventures in my life with my horses!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Moosey Lesson Pictures!





I had a lesson with Moose today and he did FANTASTIC! I am so proud of him and how he is progressing. Every time I ride him I think about how lucky I am to have gotten such a good OTTB. I didn't really know what to expect when I first got him but I sure didn't expect he would be this good. He's very soft in his mouth and is stretching into the contact great. he has just taken to the English so well.  We worked on w\t\c and transitions. At the end we jumped some small cross rails and trotted ground poles.  He really seems to enjoy that too and gets excited about the jumping. The other day we had a Christmas tree (that just won't die) so we took it in the arena to practice dragging it with our horses for the trail competitions. I walked Moose over it and around it and everything and he really didn't seem to care. At the end I trotted him towards it and he jumped it. I was proud of him for being so brave. :) Here are some pics from today and Saturday. Their all of Moosey and than one of Riley when he went over the tree. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment