An ongoing journal of the re training of my young OTTB Moose and the daily adventures in my life with my horses!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ice and Rain Everywhere!





Even in my horses hair! LOL Here are some pics I took the other day of Riley and May with ice in their manes.Moose didn't have any in his hair for some reason?? Pretty weird.  I also have some pictures of Moosey with a 'blanket' on. Not a literal horse made blanket but a human blanket. Tied a scarf around him to keep it on haha. We don't generally put blankets on because all of our horses are pastured all the time and it usually doesn't get that cold here in AL but I brought them in yesterday and dried them off and alternated putting it on them to warm them up.They got to stay in the barn all day with hay and water and dry stalls. They seemed pretty content.Towards the end of the day Moose got a little nervous, being off the track I think he thinks he is gonna have to stay in the stall permanently and gets a little nervous.As long as he had the hay though he stayed pretty calm and I was glad to get him out of the elements.
Hasn't been a whole lot to talk about. Obviously haven't rode much because of the weather. Cold and enough rain to convince me we might just need to build a second Ark!!! haha
Moose got his feet trimmed on Thursday and while our awesome farrier was trimming him he decided to eat his lead rope. I'm telling y'all this horse is part Saint Bernard! He drools....A LOT and chews on everything. Not in a cribbing sense but just likes to hold stuff in his mouth. I know I did a post about it before with him holding the hose, the jolly ball, trying to untie himself and holding the reins. He's such a goof that he cracks me up. Gotta love that big Moose! Hopefully if the arena dries out enough by tonight I will get to ride him. Keep your fingers crossed! I'm also hopefully gonna have a lesson on him Monday so I'll blog about that afterwards as well.
Riley and May are good. They were happy to be in all day yesterday too. Their VERY laid back and completely fine with being in stalls as long as they have hay. Riley actually seemed disappointed when the rain stopped and I turned him out. May trotted off to the hay but Riley stood at the gate for a while watching me. I felt so bad but I knew in the end he would be glad I turned him out ad didn't leave him in the barn by himself.
I'm going to pull all three of them up today and give them a GOOD grooming and hope, hope, hope it will be dry enough to ride. Thanks for reading and have a safe and fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your able to ride!!!!! I was so happy yesterday when I got to ride and then found a new way to do my horse's tail.LOL
    Neighgirl
    P.S. Moose is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete